Wiper Blade Anatomy
Wiper Blades vs. Refills
Many people replace the entire blade, as it is quicker and easier. By replacing the blade, you don't have to worry about the replacement refill not fitting your current blade. Wiper refills can be replaced, provided the blade is not bent or damaged, at typically half the cost of a new blade.
To properly replace a refill, you must know:
- If the blade on your vehicle is the Original Equipment unit or an Aftermarket replacement.
- If it is an Aftermarket product, you must also know the manufacturer and type of blade and claw dimensions.
Why Beam Blades?
Already Original Equipment on the majority of new vehicles, beam blades continue to grow in popularity due to their sleek, modern styling and advanced visibility protection.
- Approximately 68% of new vehicles come equipped with beam or hybrid style wiper blades
- Since 2000, over 800 model years have beam blades as Original Equipment
Features and benefits of beam blades:
- Infinite pressure points offer uniform contact
- Lower profile – more out-of-view
- Aerodynamic with less windlift
- Engineered for highly curved windshields
- Maximum performance and durability
- All-weather performance
TRICO has taken beam blade performance to another level with premium products like TRICO Force®, TRICO NeoForm® and TRICO Flex®, a more affordable, universal fit beam blade.
Factory Replacement Blades
Restore your vehicle back to original factory quality with TRICO NeoForm® or TRICO Exact Fit®, TRICO’s factory replacement wipers, precisely engineered to provide the same fit and function as your vehicle's original wiper blades.
- TRICO NeoForm® – A premium beam blade with Teflon® surface protector provides a smoother wipe and longer life, as well as superior all-weather performance.
- TRICO Exact Fit® – Manufactured from the finest natural rubber and high-strength steel, Exact Fit wiper blades offer the same look and performance as when your vehicle was new
How to Choose the Right Wiper Blade